You have guest access to browse or login.

La Bataille de ..... series (CoAG/Marshal)
2 News Stories for 20 August | [Get News by Email | New Releases | Preorders]
Take me to...CSW Front Page | Forum | Social Network | Expo | Support | Store | Chat
I want to: [Join | Subscribe to Forum] | [Receive | Submit News] | Buy/Sell | Get Help | Report Forum Abuse | Donate]
XML RSS feed

Go to:

[F] CSW Forum  / Boardgaming  / *INDIVIDUAL GAMES AND GAME SERIES Discussion  / Era: Gunpowder  / Napoleonics  / La Bataille de ..... series (CoAG/Marshal)

[Waard, Raymond de]Raymond de Waard - 04:07am Mar 11, 1998 EST

This is a tactical Napoleonic game series.

The series presently includes eleven Napoleonic Battles and is still growing.

2011 will see the release of a new edition of "La Bataile de la Moscowa," the game that kicked off not only this series, but the entire "monster" genre of wargames as well.

Please try to get all news/errata/anything else about this series to this discussion so people don't have to surf all over the net.

Topic moderator: Ed Wimble

Check out the La Bataille website too: http://labataille.us/

Attachments:

Les Batailles dans L'age 3rd Edition Rules.pdf

Les Batailles dans L'age 2nd Edition Rules.pdf

french org display copy.pdf

org display prus(1).pdf

allies display II copy.pdf

allies display outline copy.pdf

fre display outline copy.pdf

Older Items Oldest Items Outline (older msg: 18659)

Jim Soto - Oct 16, 2012 11:03 am (#18660 Total: 28231)  

[Soto, Jim]
Our Latest Press Release for 199th Anniversary of Leipzig

Two Games Already Released In "Pieces of Eight"Leipzig Cycle Marshal Enterprises Household Announces Release of Leipzig Cycle To Coincide With Anniversary Of La Bataille de Leipzig--Eight Separate Games Synchronized With Special Rules And OB's To Be Published In Two Year Period

Marshal Enterprises is celebrating the 199th Anniversary of La Bataille de Leipzig (often called the Battle of Nations by shameless Coalition apologists) by formally announcing the release of what is being called the Leipzig Cycle: eight separate games, which then can be synchronized and played together with a master set of rules and special orders of battle (OB's). These "pieces of eight" games are now being released on a quarterly basis by the Marshal Enterprises Household. The first game, La Bataille de Moeckern was released earlier this year and the most current release, La Bataille de Wiederitzsch, has just been released. The plan is to develop and publish the eight separate battles which occurred in the Leipzig area on October 16, 1813. Each of those battles can be fought as singular battle. The Household is now developing special rules and orders of battle which will synchronizing all the "pieces of eight" into one giant La Bataille de Leipzig. The results from one "La Bataille" will affect another "La Bataille" in terms of arrival of reinforcements; victory conditions and the special synchronization rules. For example, a major French reverse in Moeckern may result in a different set of reinforcements at Lindenau or deployment of the Imperial Guard on yet another battlefield. The Household is scheduled to release La Bataille de Lindenau in either late November or December of 2012. Lindenau will feature General Guilay's Austrians assaulting the French Leipzig garrison, supported by General Bertrand's corps of French and Italians, before the town of Lindenau and some key river crossings on the northern part of the vast Leipzig battlefield. La Bataille de Dolitz, the last of the northern battles, is now being developed and scheduled to be released in February or March. Both La Bataille de Moeckern and La Bataille de Wiederitasch are now available for free as part of the Recession Series of games on the Marshal Enterprises website, labataille.me . The other Recession Series games, also available for free at labataille.me , are La Bataille de Halle (aka The Battle of Halle) in 1806 and La Bataille de Raszyn in 1809. La Bataille de Halle (The Battle of Halle) won the Charles S. Roberts Award for best “print and play” game for 2011. Marshal Enterprises is a creative consortium of individuals dedicated to further development of the La Bataille system specifically, and to the exploration of all cultural; political; artistic and military aspects of the Age of Revolution and Napoleon. The Marshal Enterprises Household consists of Monte Mattson; Dennis Spors; Mike Neylan and Jim Soto. For further information about this press release, contact Jim Soto at james.soto@me.com.

Antonio Pinar - Oct 16, 2012 5:03 pm (#18661 Total: 28231)  

Madrid (Spain)  
[Pinar, Antonio]
Newbie in town.

Hello guys, I am newbie here... My name is Antonio Pinar, from spain. I'd like to produce a vassal module for this game series... But I don't know which games are imported into vassal or what games need to be imported into vassal.

I did vassal mods for other games like the GSI Death Ride Kursk series (Grossdeutchland/3rd Panzer/11th Panzer), or the CoA Persian Incursion game. This will be my first "incursion" into Napoleonic mods...

Antonio

Jeffrey Arnold - Oct 16, 2012 9:22 pm (#18662 Total: 28231)  

[Arnold, Jeffrey]
Marshal Enterprises Household Announces Release of Leipzig Cycle To Coincide With Anniversary Of La Bataille de Leipzig--Eight Separate Games Synchronized With Special Rules And OB's To Be Published In Two Year Period...

...and then I will never need to acquire another wargame of any kind...ever...

Suggest you open negotiations to determine which floor of the convention hotel you will need to reserve to set up all eight at CSW Expo 2014.

Dennis A. Spors - Oct 17, 2012 8:59 am (#18663 Total: 28231)  

[Spors, Dennis A.]
Leipzig 1813

You actually play in different rooms. If you see one of your opponents coming through the doorway with a Corps in his hands, it probably didn't go well in the other room.

SCOTT PEUSE - Oct 17, 2012 9:37 am (#18664 Total: 28231)  

Playing La Bataille de Lutzen  
[PEUSE, SCOTT]
Lutzen

Regs XXX.

Terry Doherty - Oct 17, 2012 11:13 am (#18665 Total: 28231)  

Life is change.  
[Doherty, Terry]
Scott,

See 19.2.3 Cavalry may charge into but not through terrain that blocks LOS.

Ed Wimble - Oct 17, 2012 12:07 pm (#18666 Total: 28231)  

“All of man’s misfortune comes from one thing, which is not knowing how to sit quietly in a room.” Pascal  
[Wimble, Ed]
Those darn reverse slope tactics of Wellington's. Had this rule been in play then, I do believe Ney wouldn't have figured so prominently in the Waterloo narrative.

There's something to be said about cavalry scouts, or senior commanders removed from the actual charging units, perched on advantageous ground affording them a view of what lies beyond.

It's not so much a matter of line of sight as it is if the cavalry can get their head up into a gallop. If they can't they don't get the doubling bonus (for shock). But they would still charge where their brigade commander led, or where their corps/division/army commander ordered them to charge.

Matthew Kirschenbaum - Oct 17, 2012 1:14 pm (#18667 Total: 28231)  

"Basically there is only one game and that game is war." -- William S. Burroughs  
[Kirschenbaum, Matthew]
I was just at the Waterloo battlefield on Saturday. It's striking a.) how gradual the "slope" is, and b.) how much difference it nonetheless makes to line of sight.

I've attached the picture I took that I think best captures this. It's from atop the Lion Mound looking generally west along the MsJ escarpment, i.e. towards the British center-right. British deployments would have been to the right of the road.

By the way, do we know for sure whether the story about Wellington picking out the ground a year earlier is really true?

Attachments:

2012-10-13_13-41-55_685.jpg (1335 KB) (265 Downloads)

Terry Doherty - Oct 17, 2012 1:22 pm (#18668 Total: 28231)  

Life is change.  
[Doherty, Terry]
You're misinterpreting the rule Ed. Slopes are an exception. The rule is also in the regs xxii. Unload both barrels on yourself.

Paul Borchers - Oct 17, 2012 1:50 pm (#18669 Total: 28231)  

Avatar: 1st Battalion, Arquebusier de Grassin a Pied (BAR Fontenoy)  
[Borchers, Paul]
Matthew, were you on the latest Band of Gamers tour? My one regret from going on the 2006 tour was not scheduling an extra day to see the Waterloo battlefield. (That was my own fault.)

Of course, at that point I was more geared up for Battle of the Bulge sites, so I probably would have wondered why Shermans weren't cluttering up the place.

Matthew Kirschenbaum - Oct 17, 2012 2:16 pm (#18670 Total: 28231)  

"Basically there is only one game and that game is war." -- William S. Burroughs  
[Kirschenbaum, Matthew]
Nope, I wasn't. But I was in Gent last week to give a talk at the university there and convinced my local hosts (who had never been to Waterloo themselves) that a road trip was in order. Of course it rained.

Mike Reed - Oct 17, 2012 3:00 pm (#18671 Total: 28231)  

The Duke of Damnation  
[Reed, Mike]
I was just at the Waterloo battlefield on Saturday. It's striking a.) how gradual the "slope" is, and b.) how much difference it nonetheless makes to line of sight.

I've attached the picture I took that I think best captures this. It's from atop the Lion Mound looking generally west along the MsJ escarpment, i.e. towards the British center-right. British deployments would have been to the right of the road.

To a point...problem is, in order to make the Lion Mound monument to Silly Billy, they excavated a lot of the ground right on the main defensive line there...so we really don't have a good feel how it 'actually was'.

By the way, do we know for sure whether the story about Wellington picking out the ground a year earlier is really true?

Probably as 'true' as many of his other claims. He certainly was a master of the spin...

Matthew Kirschenbaum - Oct 17, 2012 3:04 pm (#18672 Total: 28231)  

[Kirschenbaum, Matthew]
To a point...problem is, in order to make the Lion Mound monument to Silly Billy, they excavated a lot of the ground right on the main defensive line there...so we really don't have a good feel how it 'actually was'.

I'm aware of that. But it was mainly the sunken road that was despoiled, not the area shown in the photo.

Probably as 'true' as many of his other claims. He certainly was a master of the spin...

True, but that doesn't answer my question about what's really known about the claim.

Jeffrey Arnold - Oct 17, 2012 6:08 pm (#18673 Total: 28231)  

[Arnold, Jeffrey]
You actually play in different rooms. If you see one of your opponents coming through the doorway with a Corps in his hands, it probably didn't go well in the other room...

So I just have to remember to lock the door from the inside...

Paul Billings - Oct 17, 2012 9:20 pm (#18674 Total: 28231)  

[Billings, Paul]

Eastern Kansas isn't as flat as the western two-thirds but it is very flat compared to the terrain around here. I was stationed there when I was in the army and you would be amazed how easily a hull down position can be found there. It all depends on how far you are from the barely visible crest of the slope.

Paul Borchers - Oct 17, 2012 9:44 pm (#18675 Total: 28231)  

[Borchers, Paul]
Eastern Kansas isn't as flat as the western two-thirds but it is very flat compared to the terrain around here.

Paul, were you at Fort Riley? I grew up in the Kansas City area. Whenever I travel through the FLint Hills, I always try to imagine what could be hidden behind the next rise or hidden in a nearby crrek bed. I remember getting a similar impression when I visited the Little Bighorn battlefield,

Giorgos Kiokpasoglou - Oct 17, 2012 10:06 pm (#18676 Total: 28231)  

[Kiokpasoglou, Giorgos]
MOnt Saint Jean

HI guys, just a quick one. Which modules do i need to play Mont Saint Jean? Is it just Quatre Bras and Ligny or do i also need Wavre?

Thanks

Paul Borchers - Oct 17, 2012 10:10 pm (#18677 Total: 28231)  

[Borchers, Paul]
Which modules do i need to play Mont Saint Jean?

You just need Quatre Bras and Ligny.

David Hughes - Oct 17, 2012 10:41 pm (#18678 Total: 28231)  

You can't buy a gun when you're crying  
[Hughes, David]
Which modules do i need to play Mont Saint Jean? Is it just Quatre Bras and Ligny

If your Quatre Bras is second edition, then the look of the counters is different. Here's an example of how they look together at MSJ:

I think they look fine, but if it bothers you then you'd want QB 1st Edition.

ken ellis - Oct 18, 2012 6:25 am (#18679 Total: 28231)  

playtesting: La Bataille de Aspern - Essling!  
[ellis, ken]
hi guys!

might have the solution to someones La Bataille prob this afternoon....

a while back I bought a huge collection from one of our finest

a retired marine major here in NC this is where I scored wagram, austerlitz, eylau, 2 lignys, wavre, msj and several other monsters

left on the shelf, I think was a deluxe mont st jean, and maybe a few more La B games

Jason P also just listed a healthy dose of La B in the marketplace as well.

anyway the major has decided to sell off the rest of his stuff so Im hoping to have a complete punched waterloo quad ( or trilogy ) obviously Ill post these when verified

I did sell eylau at the con last weekend and still have an unpunched talaveral and albuera on my list now.

ken

Newer Items Newest Items Outline (newer msg: 9552)

Check Messages   SearchPost Message     Email to Sysop  Login

[F] CSW Forum  / Boardgaming  / *INDIVIDUAL GAMES AND GAME SERIES Discussion  / Era: Gunpowder  / Napoleonics  / La Bataille de ..... series (CoAG/Marshal)

Go to:

Who's Here?   [ Matt Ward ] [ Nels Thompson ] [ Steve Lapierre ] [ Daniel Gagnon ] [ Steven Mitchell ] [ Nuno Gonzalez ] [ Joe Chacon ] [ Manfred Gabriel ] [ Gary Krockover ] [ Bob Makowsky ] [ MICHAEL BOROVSKY ] [ Jay Meyers ] [ Grant Whitley ] [ Christopher Ono ] [ Ty Snouffer ] [ Merric Blackman ] [ rallen ] [ Gary Phillips ] [ Jeff Newell ] [ Markus_St ] [ Mike Zehnal ] [ Adam Starkweather ] [ 3 Guests ]

Terms of Use | Forum Guidelines